Improve your Spring with an Alen Air Purifier
Spring is synonymous with beautiful, blooming flowers and trees, as well as with pollen and allergy season. While dust mites, pet dander and mold are perennial indoor allergens, it is the introduction of pollen from ragweed, bermuda grass and oak trees that can trigger seasonal allergies during the spring months. Along with an Alen Air Purifier, these tips may help give you relief from coughing, sneezing and sniffling symptoms of spring allergies.
1. Outdoor allergens can stick to your skin, hair and clothes. When pollen counts are high, remove your shoes and clothes, then shower when coming indoors. An Alen Air Purifier can capture and remove over 99 percent of airborne pollen brought indoors, creating a refuge for your body to recover from spring allergies.
2. Leaving your bed unmade during the day can remove moisture from the sheets and mattress, dehydrating and killing dust mites. Run an Alen Air Purifier to capture remaining airborne dust allergens and breathe easier while you sleep.
3. Check the AQI (Air Quality Index) daily. Keep your windows closed and try to remain indoors with an Alen Air Purifier on days when the pollen count is high.
4. Manage humidity levels between 35%-50%. As temperatures rise and rain amounts are higher, humidity levels may rise in your home. Above 65 percent relative humidity, mold can grow just from the moisture content of the air indoors.
5. Remove carpet wherever possible. In rooms with remaining carpet, vacuum with a high efficiency vacuum system. Running an Alen Air Purifier on high can help remove up to 99 percent of dust, allergens and particles that may have been stirred into the air during the cleaning process.
6. Keep trees and shrubs 3 feet or more from the sides of your house to prevent pollen from entering the home. In addition, make sure water flows away from your house to prevent mold growth.
7. Regularly change your furnace filters to help reduce dust levels.
8. Running a ceiling fan can beneficial as the temperatures rise in the spring. However, they also stir up house dust and other allergens, causing you to sneeze or sniffle. Running an Alen Air Purifier, along with a box fan, can give you similar relief without triggering miserable allergy symptoms.
Are you interested in learning more about how an Alen Air Purifier can give you spring allergy relief? With the industry’s first—and only—Allergy Relief Guarantee, we promise to give you and your family relief from indoor allergies. Learn more about an Allergy Relief Guarantee and start experience relief now.
You can also call an Alen Product Specialist 800-630-2396 to learn more about which Alen Air Purifier may provide you the greatest relief.